Prescot Museum offers a great range of fun, educational learning opportunities for schools
Living History sessions
Prescot Museum offers an exciting range of ‘Living History’ sessions – interactive workshops that can be delivered at your school for foundation through to Key Stage 2 classes. We can also deliver our sessions in informal learning settings and additionally, the sessions can take place in our museum, using some of our displays as backdrops to the stories we share with your classes.
The scope of our workshops has been broadened to allow schools more choice as to the type of workshop they would like. The sessions we have available are:
- ‘Toys Through Time’
- Roman Britain
- The Victorians
- A Prescot Trail (walking tour)
How to book a workshop
- Please note that we are currently reviewing how we deliver our workshops and are currently not delivering any workshops until September 2017. We can however take bookings in advance of September, for delivery beyond this date.
- Please note that we only deliver Living History workshops on either Wednesdays or Thursdays
- We need a minimum of 4 weeks notice for your booking
- We require a £25 deposit on all bookings. This is a non-refundable deposit.
- Maximum class size is 35 pupils.
- If you have any special requirements as part of your visit, please inform us at the point of booking.
- To book your session, we need your full contact details (telephone, email and school address), the name of the teacher accompanying the visit, the date and time options of the session/s you would like
- All booking enquiries can be organised via contacting Tina Ball on 0151 443 5617 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- One hour workshop: £75
- Two hour workshop: £130
How to Find Us
Prescot Museum/Library address
The Prescot Centre, Prescot Shopping Centre, Aspinall Street, Prescot Knowsley L34 5GA
There is an entrance to The Prescot Centre from the Aspinall Street car park and can be accessed via stairs or lift. There is also an entrance within Prescot Shopping Centre on the upper floor by the escalators.
The Prescot Centre is an accessible venue, with facilities including:
- Full wheelchair access throughout the building
- A hearing aid loop
- ‘Changing Places’ facilities and disabled toilet
- Disabled parking spaces at rear of shopping centre
Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm and Sat 10am – 3.30pm.
There is a free, long stay car park situated at the back of Prescot Shopping Centre off Aspinall Street. There is also short stay parking off High Street and long stay parking on Cyprus Street and moss Street.
All car parks mentioned above have disabled bays, the nearest being the Aspinall Street car park. As a general note, disabled users can use any public car park space (and get an extra hour free) but these do not come with the extra space of a designated disabled space.
Coaches can drop off with prior arrangement at the bus station. The coach can then park at Whitakers Garden Centre (Liverpool Road, Prescot L34 3LX). Mini buses can park at the back of the Shopping Centre in the staff parking/loading bay area (only by prior arrangement), located behind the large grey gates which will be unlocked by prior arrangement or by calling the number on the gate*.
Prescot Train Station is a 15 minute walk. There are regular bus services into Prescot Bus Station which is a 5 minute walk along Eccleston Street.
* Please contact us at least 3 days in advance to notify us of your group’s visit.