Do you love local heritage and culture? Become a member of Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum!
Since it was founded in 2017, Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum has raised money and secured thousands of pounds of external funding to provide an incredible range of free and subsidised creative and educational activities for Knowsley’s community and schools.
The aim of Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum is to give those with an interest in the arts, the opportunity to support projects and activities, purchase new works and further the development of Kirkby Gallery and Prescot Museum’s programme whilst enjoying the benefits of its service, which include:
- Exclusive previews and talks
- Experience a variety of events: behind the scenes tours, talks, socials and exhibition field / research trips
- Discounts on purchases from Kirkby Gallery
- 10% off one art course per year
- 2 ‘Friends of’ e-newsletters each year
- View a previous newsletter here
- Annual Single Subscription – £15.00
- Family (2 adults + up to 2 children) – £20.00
- OAP / Student – £8.00
- Joint OAP – £14.00
Home is Where the Art is
This exciting new project, made possible by funding from LCR Cares Fund acquired by Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum, provides a wide range of free online creative and cultural activities for families and people of all ages to enjoy from home.
Kirkby Gallery Summer Art School
This FREE six-week online course looks in-depth at the Impressionists and their techniques – sign up to receive your information and activity pack every Wednesday 22 July – 26 August. It is suitable for all ages and abilities.
School & College Membership
As well as individuals and families, Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum also offers membership to local Schools and Colleges. The aim is to give Schools and Colleges with an interest in or focus on the visual arts, local heritage and learning outside the classroom the opportunity to access this through our professional learning and public engagement programme at Kirkby Gallery and Prescot Museum. The benefits of being a member include:
- 1 x ‘Behind the scenes’ visit to Prescot Museum
- 1 x 6 month loan of a mini museum or little BIG art gallery
- 1 x Art loan for 6 months (subject to availability)
- 1 x Large exhibition poster or print
- Priority bookings for class / group visits to Kirkby Gallery
- Priority entry into the Open Art exhibition (we will frame up to 5 artworks)
- Annual Membership Rates:
- Primary Schools £100.00
- Secondary Schools £200.00
- Colleges of Further Education £300.00
- Higher Education Establishments £400.00
There are also opportunities for business membership and corporate sponsorship, to support our invaluable work with and for young people, as well as creating incredible exhibitions and caring for our collections. There are four different packages available, with a range of benefits including special events and exclusive workshops for your staff and family.
- Package 1 £500
- Package 2 £1000
- Package 3 £2500 (Exhibition Patron)
- Package 4 £5000 (Major Gallery Patron)
To find out more, contact Tina Ball firstname.lastname@example.org