Do you love local heritage and culture? Become a member of Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum!
Since it was founded in 2017, Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum has raised money and secured thousands of pounds of external funding to provide an incredible range of free and subsidised creative and educational activities for Knowsley’s community and schools.
The aim of Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum is to give those with an interest in the arts, the opportunity to support projects and activities, purchase new works and further the development of Kirkby Gallery and Prescot Museum’s programme whilst enjoying the benefits of its service, which include:
- Exclusive previews and talks
- Experience a variety of events: behind the scenes tours, talks, socials and exhibition field / research trips
- Discounts on purchases from Kirkby Gallery
- 10% off one art course per year
- 2 ‘Friends of’ e-newsletters each year
- View a previous newsletter here
- Annual Single Subscription – £15.00
- Family (2 adults + up to 2 children) – £20.00
- OAP / Student – £8.00
- Joint OAP – £14.00
This FREE seven-week online course is aimed at young artists aged 5-16 and is also ideal for use in schools. Sign up to receive your information and activity pack every Wednesday, 14 April – 26 May inclusive. Acclaimed portrait artist Gill Cowley will show you step-by-step how to create the perfect likeness.
Kirkby Gallery Autumn Art School
This online course looks in-depth at printmaking and its many techniques. Devised by artist David Holmes, it is suitable for all ages and abilities. Use simple art materials and household bits and bobs to create different effects.
Picturing 100 Years
Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum have worked in partnership with 33 Signal Squadron at Alamein Barracks in Huyton to create a fabulous exhibition celebrating a century of the Royal Corps of Signals. The local Armed Forces community and their families received art packs to express their experiences in creative writing and visual arts, made possible by funding from The Armed Forces Covenant Fund: Forces Communities Together Programme acquired by Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum. A film of the exhibition is available to view online.
Home is Where the Art is
This exciting summer project, made possible by funding from LCR Cares Fund acquired by Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum, provided a wide range of free online creative and cultural activities for families and people of all ages to enjoy from home.
School & College Membership
As well as individuals and families, Friends of Kirkby Gallery & Prescot Museum also offers membership to local Schools and Colleges. The aim is to give Schools and Colleges with an interest in or focus on the visual arts, local heritage and learning outside the classroom the opportunity to access this through our professional learning and public engagement programme at Kirkby Gallery and Prescot Museum. The benefits of being a member include:
- 1 x ‘Behind the scenes’ visit to Prescot Museum
- 1 x 6 month loan of a mini museum or little BIG art gallery
- 1 x Art loan for 6 months (subject to availability)
- 1 x Large exhibition poster or print
- Priority bookings for class / group visits to Kirkby Gallery
- Priority entry into the Open Art exhibition (we will frame up to 5 artworks)
- Annual Membership Rates:
- Primary Schools £100.00
- Secondary Schools £200.00
- Colleges of Further Education £300.00
- Higher Education Establishments £400.00
There are also opportunities for business membership and corporate sponsorship, to support our invaluable work with and for young people, as well as creating incredible exhibitions and caring for our collections. There are four different packages available, with a range of benefits including special events and exclusive workshops for your staff and family.
- Package 1 £500
- Package 2 £1000
- Package 3 £2500 (Exhibition Patron)
- Package 4 £5000 (Major Gallery Patron)
To find out more, contact Tina Ball email@example.com